About the crystal:
The Aventurine is the stone of prosperity. It reinforces leadership qualities, decisiveness and encourages perseverance. It aids in seeing alternatives and possibilities. It also brings together the intellectual and emotional bodies, enabling you to live within your heart and heal it.
It also balances male-female energies. In children up to 7 years old, it regulates growth.
In essence, if you are looking for a crystal that harmonizes your heart chakra and helps you enhance your intellectual abilities for prosperity, the Aventurine is the stone with you.
How to use a pendulum
1. Take a few deep breaths in order to ground and center yourself in the present moment.
2. Hold your pendulum by the end of its chain in your dominant hand with your thumb, index and middle fingers. This is important as the polarity of these three fingers cancel each other out, allowing you to get accurate answers. Keep your elbows on a flat surface and keep your arms relaxed while keeping the pendulum suspended in the air.
3. In order to understand what each movement of your pendulum means, ask it to show you “yes”, “no” and “maybe”. Generally, based on my experience, most pendulums swing back and forth for “yes”, side to side for “no” and clockwise for “maybe”.
3. Once you have established how your pendulum responds to you, ask questions to ensure that it is communicating with you correctly. The two questions that work perfectly and give objective answers are:
- Are we communicating?
- Do you know the answers to my questions?
4. Now your pendulum is ready to use. You can ask anything you want but remember to only ask “yes” or “no” questions.
How to cleanse
Before you use your pendulum, you need to cleanse it of any residual energy. My best recommendation for cleansing your pendulum is to do so with smoke. This could be from sage, Palo Santo wood or incense sticks. Allow the smoke to engulf your pendulum and visualize its energy being renewed.